Wednesday 8 July 2009

BANANA JAM

You can use up all your mushy old brown bananas by turning them into jam.

1kg bananas (between 7 & 12) I simply pro rata the recipe
100ml Lemon juice
750g sugar (warmed opt)

Place all the ingredients in a good heavy pan.
Bring to the boil which happens very quickly.
Keep stirring periodically

turn the heat down to medium and cook for 2o minutes

then Summer for a further 15 - 20 mins

you know the jam is ready when it turns a nice red colour.

remove any scum

Spoon immediately into clean warm jars and seal. Turn upside down for two minutes then back up and leave to cool.

Store in a dark place for 6 - 12 months. Refrigerate after opening.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how excited I am to have found this recipe! I've thought for a while now that surely you can make Banana Jam...but never found a recipe! I will be trying this soon!

    Thank you for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete